bla bla blog

Random ramblings from Texas.

Name:
Location: Texas

Thursday, April 28, 2005

For the last few weeks it's been tough to post because so much has been going on, and I couldn't really talk about it until now.

Kevin has been on the job search for about 6 months now. We've had our ups and downs. But the uncertainty came to an end last night when we found out that it's official - Kevin has been hired to serve as the High School Pastor at a church west of Fort Worth! He starts May 15. I am so proud of him and excited for him. And I can't wait to meet the students.

As for me, I'm not sure what the next step is. A few months ago I decided that I needed to leave my job. I didn't know where Kevin would work, if it would be close enough for us to commute or 2000 miles away. So I made that known to my supervisor, and we decided that May 31 would be a good date for me to leave.

It's been really rough since then. Barely 2 weeks ago I was crying at my desk because nothing was certain about Kevin's employment. What would we do if he didn't have a job by the 31st? How would we make ends meet? I knew in my mind that God would take care of us, that something could even come up tomorrow and I'd feel so stupid for crying about it. But it's so hard to deal with the natural emotions that come with a big life change.

I'm not sure what I'll be doing after May 31. I may take some time off and then get a part-time job. For now, though, I just want to celebrate with Kevin and enjoy these last weeks of semi-normalcy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home