da taxes
Finally got our taxes in the mail today. We couldn't have done it without our wonderful friend who works for apple pie.
I think dropping that bulky folder in the mail is akin to going through customs. "Do you have anything to declare?" That question can make any law-abiding person question himself - what if I forget to declare something? "I'm sorry, I forgot about the banjo-playing frog carved from a walnut! I swear!" And then you picture them hauling you away to a foreign prison, never to see your family again.
I was so nervous coming back from Venezuela that I actually declared the vanilla Oreos that I bought. The customs guy just laughed and waved me through. But one time a California border guy confiscated my friend's oranges - can't have foreign fruits associating with their fruits, apparently. Must be a bad influence. Think of the chaos that would ensue! "Human sacrifice, dogs and cats, living together...mass hysteria!"
So I guess I'll be checking my bank account every day, praying that the refund shows up asap.
Finally got our taxes in the mail today. We couldn't have done it without our wonderful friend who works for apple pie.
I think dropping that bulky folder in the mail is akin to going through customs. "Do you have anything to declare?" That question can make any law-abiding person question himself - what if I forget to declare something? "I'm sorry, I forgot about the banjo-playing frog carved from a walnut! I swear!" And then you picture them hauling you away to a foreign prison, never to see your family again.
I was so nervous coming back from Venezuela that I actually declared the vanilla Oreos that I bought. The customs guy just laughed and waved me through. But one time a California border guy confiscated my friend's oranges - can't have foreign fruits associating with their fruits, apparently. Must be a bad influence. Think of the chaos that would ensue! "Human sacrifice, dogs and cats, living together...mass hysteria!"
So I guess I'll be checking my bank account every day, praying that the refund shows up asap.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home