I had to say it was a good day
Regardless of the fact that I woke up at 6am on a Sunday, yesterday was stupendous. Great morning at church, fun lunch with friends, and then an afternoon watching Simpsons Season 3 on DVD, topped off with a brief nap. Then at 4:40 we were off to Dallas for dinner at one of our absolute favorite restaurants.
We took him and his wife along for the experience. They will soon move to Vancouver, and we wanted to spend some quality time with them before the chaos of moving commenced.
First, we meandered through Crate & Barrel, one of the first stores I would hit if I won the lottery this week. And then we crossed the street to La Duni Latin Cafe. Check out their menus, lunch and dinner in particular. Our friend's wife and I had the Slow Roasted Lomo sandwich, Kevin had the Torta Cubana, and our friend had Pollo al Oreganato.
After dinner we were presented with a lengthy Espresso Bar menu (complete with photos), and an amazing dessert menu. He was shocked at the size of his Cafe Con Leche - a cereal bowl of foamy goodness. And his wife and I both enjoyed desserts - a slice of Triple Chocolate Truffle Cake, and the Duni Banana Split for me. (Read about these dishes on their dessert menu.)
When it comes down to it, my favorite part of a meal at La Duni is the Limonada con Menta: freshly hand-crushed mint, lemon, lime, and sugar with soda and crushed ice. This drink brings back many memories of my trip to Venezuela.
I also like the cozy atmosphere, and the quiet, attentive service. Good food takes time, so a meal at La Duni won't have you in and out in 30 minutes. Sometimes you might wonder where the server went. But the point is to savor the moment. And service with their pace helps you to do just that. I'm thankful we could savor some time with our friends before they headed for their next stage of life in Vancouver.
Read a newspaper review of La Duni...
Regardless of the fact that I woke up at 6am on a Sunday, yesterday was stupendous. Great morning at church, fun lunch with friends, and then an afternoon watching Simpsons Season 3 on DVD, topped off with a brief nap. Then at 4:40 we were off to Dallas for dinner at one of our absolute favorite restaurants.
We took him and his wife along for the experience. They will soon move to Vancouver, and we wanted to spend some quality time with them before the chaos of moving commenced.
First, we meandered through Crate & Barrel, one of the first stores I would hit if I won the lottery this week. And then we crossed the street to La Duni Latin Cafe. Check out their menus, lunch and dinner in particular. Our friend's wife and I had the Slow Roasted Lomo sandwich, Kevin had the Torta Cubana, and our friend had Pollo al Oreganato.
After dinner we were presented with a lengthy Espresso Bar menu (complete with photos), and an amazing dessert menu. He was shocked at the size of his Cafe Con Leche - a cereal bowl of foamy goodness. And his wife and I both enjoyed desserts - a slice of Triple Chocolate Truffle Cake, and the Duni Banana Split for me. (Read about these dishes on their dessert menu.)
When it comes down to it, my favorite part of a meal at La Duni is the Limonada con Menta: freshly hand-crushed mint, lemon, lime, and sugar with soda and crushed ice. This drink brings back many memories of my trip to Venezuela.
I also like the cozy atmosphere, and the quiet, attentive service. Good food takes time, so a meal at La Duni won't have you in and out in 30 minutes. Sometimes you might wonder where the server went. But the point is to savor the moment. And service with their pace helps you to do just that. I'm thankful we could savor some time with our friends before they headed for their next stage of life in Vancouver.
Read a newspaper review of La Duni...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home