life thus far
Life in the new house is going fairly well. We're constantly fighting the elements to keep our lawn alive, but other than that it hasn't been too difficult. We had a leadership team meeting at the house on Tuesday night and it was awesome to have so much room. I can't wait to get some more chairs and get the space ready for parties. :)
I knitted my first non-square/non-scarf item - a small bag that I felted in the washing machine. To felt something, you throw it in the machine with plenty of hot water, and basically the item shrinks a lot and after it's done you can barely see the stitches. It looks a lot like fuzzy felt, hence the term "felting". And after you do it you realize why the labels on your sweaters say to "hand wash in cold water".
I've been hanging out at the local knitting store on Wednesdays. Ladies get together to work on projects and just hang out. The owner is a former member of our old church, so it's been fun getting to know her. And there's a small chance I could be teaching a class at the store in the near future.
With gas prices going up I've had to be careful in planning my trips to Fort Worth and Weatherford. I can't be as spontaneous.
I'm excited about the arrival of Fall. I can't wait for the cooler weather, the bright colored trees and the lazy rainy days when you just watch movies and eat Blue Bell.
Life in the new house is going fairly well. We're constantly fighting the elements to keep our lawn alive, but other than that it hasn't been too difficult. We had a leadership team meeting at the house on Tuesday night and it was awesome to have so much room. I can't wait to get some more chairs and get the space ready for parties. :)
I knitted my first non-square/non-scarf item - a small bag that I felted in the washing machine. To felt something, you throw it in the machine with plenty of hot water, and basically the item shrinks a lot and after it's done you can barely see the stitches. It looks a lot like fuzzy felt, hence the term "felting". And after you do it you realize why the labels on your sweaters say to "hand wash in cold water".
I've been hanging out at the local knitting store on Wednesdays. Ladies get together to work on projects and just hang out. The owner is a former member of our old church, so it's been fun getting to know her. And there's a small chance I could be teaching a class at the store in the near future.
With gas prices going up I've had to be careful in planning my trips to Fort Worth and Weatherford. I can't be as spontaneous.
I'm excited about the arrival of Fall. I can't wait for the cooler weather, the bright colored trees and the lazy rainy days when you just watch movies and eat Blue Bell.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home