bla bla blog

Random ramblings from Texas.

Name:
Location: Texas

Friday, July 01, 2005

Hooray for the 4th of July weekend! Aside from the heat, I love this time of year. Lots of memories, good food, and time with family and friends. Sunday we're going to Lone Star Park with Kevin's cousin and her husband. We'll enjoy some horce racing, live music and fireworks.

Not sure what we'll be doing on the 4th. Our latest tradition has been to go to the Colonial and watch the fireworks. It's a pretty good show, considering it's free. Watching the brave guys light the fuses with flares makes it much more exciting.

I remember when I went to Celebrate Freedom one time, and the wind was blowing the cinders back onto the crowd. We put our blanket over our legs and sat under umbrellas to protect ourselves. We called it the Soddom & Gomorrah Fireworks Display. Oh well, I guess that's the price you pay to sit in the 4th row to see Third Day.

House stuff is coming along. I'm a bit nervous about it. I should stay away from the place till we close, because each time we go back I notice little things that make me doubt our purchase. No house is perfect, I have to keep telling myself. People buy them every day, I tell myself. God will take care of us and provide, I tell myself. I'm just not being a good listener to my voice of reason.

I'm loving my stay-at-home time, by the way. Yesterday I had time to make a pasta salad, jerk chicken, and okra. How I've missed cooking!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home