mexico esta frio
Crossed the border into Tijuana yesterday. We parked at the Duty Free shop and then walked in. After an insane cab ride, we were in the plaza. The shopping was too high pressure for me. No, I didn't want my picture taken with a painted donkey. No, I didn't want a spongebob squarepants purse. No, I didn't need a miniature guitar. Sigh.
After enjoying some carne asada tacos, we took a cab back to the border, where we had to stand in a ridiculously long line to reenter the country. The security was paltry, at best. I don't think the guy was even paying attention to the screen as our bags passed through the xray machine. And one family completely cut in front of me and 3 of them crammed through the metal detector at once. Security was better at the second check point. The silly thing is that there's a second line for people with bicycles. Basically, if you have a bicycle, you get through faster. There were some people who made a great living off renting bicycles to people for 5 dollars so that they could pass through more quickly. Most of the bikes were kid-sized, and didn't even have chains on them. Crazy.
So after spending 45 minutes in the chilly, windy weather of Mexico, we were back in the states.
Before going to Mexico, we'd eaten at The Mission Cafe, where Kim's boyfriend Brad is the manager, and it was awesome.
In the evening, we went to a steakhouse and then a comedy club. It was pretty good. The emcee for the evening had a terrible potty mouth, but the opening act and the headliner were relatively better at keeping things clean. Overall we had some good laughs. But I think the best part was that we all got to spend the evening together.
All in all, it was a fun, memorable day.
Crossed the border into Tijuana yesterday. We parked at the Duty Free shop and then walked in. After an insane cab ride, we were in the plaza. The shopping was too high pressure for me. No, I didn't want my picture taken with a painted donkey. No, I didn't want a spongebob squarepants purse. No, I didn't need a miniature guitar. Sigh.
After enjoying some carne asada tacos, we took a cab back to the border, where we had to stand in a ridiculously long line to reenter the country. The security was paltry, at best. I don't think the guy was even paying attention to the screen as our bags passed through the xray machine. And one family completely cut in front of me and 3 of them crammed through the metal detector at once. Security was better at the second check point. The silly thing is that there's a second line for people with bicycles. Basically, if you have a bicycle, you get through faster. There were some people who made a great living off renting bicycles to people for 5 dollars so that they could pass through more quickly. Most of the bikes were kid-sized, and didn't even have chains on them. Crazy.
So after spending 45 minutes in the chilly, windy weather of Mexico, we were back in the states.
Before going to Mexico, we'd eaten at The Mission Cafe, where Kim's boyfriend Brad is the manager, and it was awesome.
In the evening, we went to a steakhouse and then a comedy club. It was pretty good. The emcee for the evening had a terrible potty mouth, but the opening act and the headliner were relatively better at keeping things clean. Overall we had some good laughs. But I think the best part was that we all got to spend the evening together.
All in all, it was a fun, memorable day.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home