bla bla blog

Random ramblings from Texas.

Name:
Location: Texas

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

to snow or not to snow, that is the question

Forecasters are back and forth over whether or not we'll get snow tonight. Even if we do, it won't be more than dandruff on the grass. So I'm not holding my breath. I'll probably have to come to work tomorrow.

Life is slowly sliding back into normality. My brochure comes back from the press today. Opening those boxes is like peeling the bandages off a plastic surgery patient. It'll be either good or bad. If it's bad, back to the press it goes and everything is backlogged. If it's good, I do a jig.

On the homefront, I'm finally feeling satisfied with my wifely skills. We've been able to keep the apartment relatively clean for over a week now. We've kept up with grocery shopping, bill paying and we've even bought our Valentine cards on time.

And I'm still working away on a baby blanket for my new nice/nephew. My sister-in-law is expecting and we have to wait a few more weeks before we know the sex of the baby. I knew the blanket would take a while so I bought some gender-neutral (according to our culture's expectations, anyway) yarn for the project. And I'm glad I did. I'm only about a quarter of the way through, and the baby will be here at the end of July.

Most knitters name their projects. Maybe things will go faster if I come up with a catchy name for the blanket... The two names they've thought of for the baby are Grace and Cole. Hmm. I think I'll call it GracieCole.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home