bla bla blog

Random ramblings from Texas.

Name:
Location: Texas

Tuesday, June 22, 2004

and so it begins

Just a shout-out to say that, yes, I'm still alive. I've been swamped getting ready for the big middle school event that's taking place this week.

This weekend we took a break when Kevin's dad and sister came to visit. We went to Clifton with my parents to see my grandpa, and we also got to participate in judging a BBQ cookoff. Kevin judged ribs, and we both judged brisket.

I wouldn't give anyone less than a 5 rating (out of 10), simply because of the extreme cost, dedication and hope that it takes to participate in a cookoff. Rigs can cost anywhere from a few hundred dollars to tens-of-thousands of dollars. Then there's the drive, the cost of meat, the hours spent enduring the elements while you're cooking away.

Judging was fun and I'd like to do it again sometime. But not brisket. I need to find out where the next ice cream contest is...

The middle school event is going well. Some of the people involved are practically living at the church (youth staff, media team, and custodial staff in particular). I was here 14 hours yesterday. Today I should be able to leave around lunchtime to run some errands and take a quick nap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home