Attack of the germs
My hubby and many of my friends are sick with a really bad cold this week. So far I've escaped it unscathed. As long as I can stay healthy till Friday, I'll be happy.
Today I was thinking about how much of a germ-o-phobe I am when it comes to food preparation. Probably because I know a lot about how things can go wrong in the kitchen and fridge. (Did you know that you could get salmonella from cantaloupe?) But what's funny is that I'm not as worried when it comes to catching colds. Yeah, I wash my hands and all, but I'm not going to sleep on the couch or refuse to hug my husband while he's sick, or start spraying Lysol on everything. (Though I am disinfecting his toothbrush every night.)
Anyway, all these thoughts led me to my favorite Simpsons episode ($pringfield), the one when Mr. Burns builds the casino and Marge develops a gambling problem. Mr. Burns begins acting like Howard Hughes, a complete germ-o-phobe. "Nothing can stop us now...except microscopic germs. But we won't let that stop us, right Smithers?"
Anyway, that was just a random comment for the day.
My hubby and many of my friends are sick with a really bad cold this week. So far I've escaped it unscathed. As long as I can stay healthy till Friday, I'll be happy.
Today I was thinking about how much of a germ-o-phobe I am when it comes to food preparation. Probably because I know a lot about how things can go wrong in the kitchen and fridge. (Did you know that you could get salmonella from cantaloupe?) But what's funny is that I'm not as worried when it comes to catching colds. Yeah, I wash my hands and all, but I'm not going to sleep on the couch or refuse to hug my husband while he's sick, or start spraying Lysol on everything. (Though I am disinfecting his toothbrush every night.)
Anyway, all these thoughts led me to my favorite Simpsons episode ($pringfield), the one when Mr. Burns builds the casino and Marge develops a gambling problem. Mr. Burns begins acting like Howard Hughes, a complete germ-o-phobe. "Nothing can stop us now...except microscopic germs. But we won't let that stop us, right Smithers?"
Anyway, that was just a random comment for the day.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home