bla bla blog

Random ramblings from Texas.

Name:
Location: Texas

Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Yesterday was our annual staff party at the lake. I enjoyed a few trips around the lake on a tube, and sometimes airborne, with the high school daughter of one of our pastors. We caught one really good wake, and Kevin says we flew at least 4 feet into the air. I wouldn't know. I had my face buried in the tube trying my best to hold on and land (what an amazing feat that would have been). If I'd had gloves, maybe I would have made it. But we both went into the drink.

I've been working on a personal project in my so-called down time - wedding invitations for my sister-in-law. They came back from the printer today and they look fantastic! They did a really good job on their press. I feel the same way I usually do when I finish a painting. I'm realizing more and more that creative expression feeds my soul. I really should drag out my canvas or take on these freelance projects more often.

I'm really thankful that I can exercise my creativity in my career. Not many people get to do that, so indeed I count myself blessed.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home