I went to a modern art museum this weekend. I was pretty skeptical that I'd enjoy it. I was picturing a gallery full of strange objects like a 80x80 foot white canvas with a teeny red dot on it, or a pile of dog poop on a piece of Wedgwood china.
It wasn't that bad, at all. Sure, there were the few obligatory weird pieces - a fluorescent light fixture stuck cock-eyed on a blank wall, and a video of a man building a fence, to name two - but most of the works were rather interesting, even beautiful. I saw a video piece by artist Bill Viola, and a gorgeous oil painting by Dennis Blagg, entitled Passover.
It wasn't that bad, at all. Sure, there were the few obligatory weird pieces - a fluorescent light fixture stuck cock-eyed on a blank wall, and a video of a man building a fence, to name two - but most of the works were rather interesting, even beautiful. I saw a video piece by artist Bill Viola, and a gorgeous oil painting by Dennis Blagg, entitled Passover.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home